Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thoughts on microblogging

This is my second post for an assignment. I have learned so much from this class in just a week. While I am by no means, a technology person, I have been able to learn some new terminology and things about the computer I never Knew. I never had a blog post before this week, or a twitter account. I know  what both are and how to get into my accounts....this is huge for me! While I never saw myself as a "tweeting" kind of gal, I do see how people can use it for their good. I think my resistance to it, is the hour to hour stuff people tweet about, but I never thought of it as a tool for a town who may be experiencing a crisis, or even when the earthquake struck Japan and the tsunami after. The twitter or microblogging would be helpful in that. I know I like face book, it's helped keep me up to date with friends and family.  The other reason I like face book is that you can write a lot on your page or someone else. I like to write, so I have enjoyed my blog, but I will have to work through the whole"tweeting" thing. I am trying to keep an open mind through this whole class and see how much technology can help me in the educational field. I just am not there yet with the microblogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment