Thursday, January 12, 2012

Reaction to the use of blog as learning in the higher education

One of the assignments we had this week was to read the article, "Exploring the use of blogs as learning spaces in the higher education sector." While learning the history of blogging, and when it all started it was cool to see that it can be used in the educational setting. I think for me what stuck out is that it is a way people can communicate to each other, while taking the same class. To be able to read someones thoughts and point out another areas of the subject studied, can make you see another point of view. According, to the studies blogging has helped many educational institutions. The idea I like is that I am not as much of a writer, so I may sit back and read but not necessarily react. The studies showed it even helped students like me. I have been told I am a good brainstorming but not great writer. At the very end of the article it states" Students' have long learned as much from each other as they have from an instructor or textbook". I would agree with that statement. We all bring different ideas and thoughts to the class. I am looking forward to learning to blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment